Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create? The Role
As a Software Development Manager for Embedded Devices, you will lead your team to design and deliver platform and middleware software for our embedded devices. You will engage with technology partners and lead long term development with a focus on architecture, performance, and portability. In this position, you will:
- Clarify requirements, define software roadmaps, align partner teams, and execute to RTOS based product ship schedules.
- Build a best-in-class engineering team that delivers excellent results through rapid iterations.
- Work with product management and cross functional teams to provide technical solutions for desired user experiences.
- Provide hands on technical leadership to the team, including your own code contributions and involvement in team code reviews.
- Work with product teams to ensure software can serve multiple needs while reducing code fragmentation.
- Implement process improvements for both your own and surrounding teams.
- Define detailed technical requirements from high-level product descriptions and enable your team to do the same.
- Define and drive metrics for software performance and guardrailing. Work with QA to ensure code coverage and stress testing.
- Facilitate innovation within the team.
- Manage team budget, headcount projections, recruiting and continuous performance evaluations.
- Monitor, drive and facilitate growth of your team’s individual contributors.
- Follow standards developments, open source developments, and technology roadmaps in associated areas.
- Advise senior and executive management.
- Occasionally travel