Alexa is the groundbreaking cloud-based intelligent agent that powers Echo and other devices designed around your voice. Our mission is to push the envelope in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Natural Language Understanding (NLU), Machine Learning (ML), Dialog Management, Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR), and Audio Signal Processing, in order to provide the best-possible experience for our customers.
As an Ontologist for Alexa Ontology team based in Seattle, you will play central role in defining strategy for federated ontology across Alexa and Amazon. You will design and implement core ontologies, define standards and rules for creating new ontologies and provide expertise around knowledge structures and linguistic analysis.
· Identifying, securing, and leveraging data resources from various teams and sources of knowledge to generate context-relevant information
· Searching for and extracting relevant facts from structured and unstructured data
· Working with team across Alexa to identify and map concepts across domains to support different types of question and answers
· Working with content creators to identify, develop, and migrate content structuring and tagging
· Assisting with data cleaning and QA
· Curating, organizing, and classifying the data with appropriate concept models and taxonomies
· Extending data with synonyms, relationships, and other semantic enrichment
· Working with other service teams to model their domains, and intersecting the models to create a larger Alexa domain
· Leading tool development and new data initiatives
· Working with content developers to normalize new and existing vocabularies
· Identifying and connecting to other taxonomy and ontology teams within Amazon to facilitate data sharing, standards and practices, and reduce data redundancies
· Evangelize the role of Taxonomy and Ontology in Alexa
· Define requirements for different tools to validate federated ontologies
· Be the subject matter expert for Lexicons