Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile devices like the Kindle family of products. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc. Since then, we have worked to produce best-selling tablets with breakthrough hardware technology, e-readers that have revolutionized reading, and Fire TV, a tiny yet powerful way to watch the best movies and TV shows in the comfort of your living room. What will you help us create? Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
The Amazon Fire OS team is looking for a Software Quality Assurance Manager to drive world class quality in the software platform that makes a one of a kind experience today, and will enable exciting new capabilities tomorrow. The successful manager will be obsessed with quality improvement, experienced and highly committed to creating world class automation for regression and feature testing, able to develop and drive a high-level strategy, as well as take a hands-on approach to implementing that strategy. Responsibilities include understanding how all the various parts of the Kindle software ecosystem work, developing QA approaches that fit the overall strategy, overseeing the execution of test plans, and monitoring the progress of testing. The successful candidate is an experienced and hands-on manager who can build a high performing test team.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
• 5+ years of industry experience, including at least three years of hands-on testing and 2 years as a manager of a high performance quality assurance team
• Experience with test automation
• Solid understanding of QA tool development chains and environments
• Experience testing embedded systems and/or mobile consumer electronics devices
• Demonstrate expertise in black box and grey box testing methodologies, experience with standard QA and development tools, and the ability to operate within short release cycles
• Shows creativity and initiative to improve product coverage and effectiveness.
• Superior communication and analytical skills, including strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems
• Strong people management skills, with a proven ability to hire and grow talented programmatic and user-level personnel
• Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) Tools and Amazon Builder Tools
• Experience testing Android based devices and creating test automation frameworks
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a track record of working effectively with Development Engineering and other function Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation