The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo.
Fire TV client software and services technologies are enjoyed by millions of customers the world over. You will drive key engineering and business decisions that impact Amazon’s long-term vision, which includes innovation in the delivery and consumption of media and entertainment. We leverage cutting edge technology in client-app frameworks, big data, machine learning, optimization techniques and high availability services. Here on the Fire TV team, we are dedicated to creating the most engaging entertainment platform for the whole family, worldwide. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Senior Software Development Manager, you will be responsible for hiring and leading a team of application engineers responsible for core applications . In this position you will partner with product managers, project managers, user experience designers and other internal resources. A successful candidate will have an established background with strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills and motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
The Senior Software Development Manager will provide technical leadership and management for an applications team. This hands-on position requires broad engineering competence and in-depth technical knowledge of embedded application software development, as well as demonstrated experience successfully planning, organizing and conducting software development projects in a dynamic environment.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about simple and elegant software solutions and focus on improving performance. The leader we are looking for will bring proven experience building, managing and mentoring engineering teams. In this role, you will:
- Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules
- Manage departmental resources, staffing and mentoring and enhance and maintain a best-in-class engineering team
- Maintain and improve existing software
- Prepare technical requirements and software design specifications
- Report on status of development, quality, operations and system performance to management