Help bring the magic of Alexa to Fire TV!
The Amazon Fire TV team is looking for a passionate, results-oriented manager to help lead Fire TV voice integration.
You will drive key engineering and business decisions that impact Amazon’s long-term vision, which includes rapid innovation in building better voice interfaces to the media and entertainment content that Fire TV customers love! We leverage cutting edge technology in client-app frameworks, big data, machine learning, optimization techniques and high availability services. Here on the Fire TV team, we are dedicated to creating the most engaging entertainment platform for the whole family, worldwide.
As a Software Development Manager, you will be responsible for hiring and leading a team of engineers responsible for building high performing, fluid applications that interact with large scale distributed systems. In this position you will partner with product managers, project managers, and other internal partners. A successful candidate will have an established background with strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills and motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about simple and elegant software solutions and focus on improving performance. The leader we are looking for will bring proven experience building, managing and mentoring engineering teams. In this role, you will:
- Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules
- Manage departmental resources, staffing and mentoring and enhance and maintain a best-in-class engineering team.
- Maintain and improve existing software
- Prepare technical requirements and software design specifications
- Report on status of development, quality, operations and system performance to management
This is an enormous opportunity to lead the design, architecture, and implementation of products used every day by people you know.