Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history. The Role:
Amazon Alexa is the cloud-based voice service behind Amazon Echo. We are hiring software engineers who share our passion for enabling it on all IoT devices and not just Echo. Interested? Come join our team!
You will help drive the strategy, vision, and roadmap, with ownership over critical features and the customer experience. This role is inherently cross-functional - you will work closely with engineering, design, operations, and executive teams to deliver new products, features, and platforms. A successful candidate will be comfortable with ambiguity, able to creatively solve difficult customer problems, and highly analytical. As the Manager you will represent our organization across Amazon. This entails understanding the short and long term goals, then translating these into an actionable technology roadmap and people growth plan. In this role you will be responsible for:
- Hiring, leading, and mentoring a world-class engineering team
- Working effectively with product managers, designers, and business teams to deliver the best overall experience factoring in financial goals and usability goals
- Working closely with engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
- Establishing a consistent, scalable engineering framework and excellent development processes
- Owning and reporting on status of development, quality, technical operations, and system performance