Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create? The Role:
The Business Systems Program Manager will be responsible for managing custom business systems implementations and providing status of key objectives to stakeholders throughout the life-cycle of the project. Using strong organization and communication skills to ensure project success by defining and controlling scope, setting and monitoring project deliverable timelines, managing day to day tasks, tracking issues, and managing risks.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and maintain key project management deliverables (i.e., project charter, project scope, requirement documents, project resource plans, issue logs, project documentation, workflows, risk mitigation plans, and transition plans)
- Manage project activities across the entire project life cycle and provide status of project commitments to key stakeholders
- Manage, prioritize and deliver multiple initiatives in partnership with cross-functional teams
- Work with stakeholders to create the project's scope definition, work effort estimate, and functional and technical requirements document
- Perform critical path analysis and create project schedules and resource plans
- Manage day-to-day work plans and resources
- Participate in technology planning and strategy activities to ensure business objectives are being addressed
- Develop and manage information system development priorities with business partners
- Manage confirmation/promotion of all application development
This role may require some travel.