Alexa, the voice service that powers Amazon's Echo devices and many others, is looking for a software development manager to lead and grow a diverse team of Software Development Engineers and Knowledge Engineers - working together to create new capabilities and experiences for Alexa.
As a Software Development Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers in design, development, test, and deployment of a range of experiences on Alexa cloud platform.
As a Manager of Software Development, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers in design, development, test, and deployment of a range of products on mobile platforms. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing customer-facing experiences, strong technical ability, solid project management skills, great people skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
- Hire, mentor, and develop a best-in-class engineering team
- Own the software development life cycle for your team's work
- Manage and execute project plans, keeping delivery commitments; Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Work closely with engineers in your team and leaders in other teams to architect and develop clean technical designs and development plans
- Drive quality and operational excellence for your team's components and services
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, a desire to learn and apply new technologies, and know how to grow people and deliver results, we have an opportunity for you. Join us in building new solutions to challenging problems.