Amazon’s Prime Video is a premium on-demand video entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch from popular Prime Original TV shows (made by Amazon Studios) such as The Grand Tour, Jack Ryan and the recent Golden Globe winning The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel to Prime Original Movies like the Oscar-winning Manchester by the Sea and The Salesman. The service also offers TV shows that are exclusively available for Prime members in each country such as American Gods, MR ROBOT and Outlander, and more recently live sport including the US Open tennis from 2018 and Premier League games from 2019. Beyond this content exclusivity, the service further differentiates from other video-on-demand services by offering Prime members the opportunity to subscribe to 60+ channels like Discovery, Starz, Eurosport Player and hayu and hundreds of thousands of additional titles to watch instantly with no extra apps to download or long term contracts. Prime Video is at the forefront of the entertainment industry and growing fast - now available in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide – and we work in a dynamic, and exciting environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do. If this sounds exciting to you, please read on...
Prime Video is currently seeking a Senior Technical Program Manager (TPM) to help us grow Prime Video through engagement with partners in consumer electronics and software for living room devices. The TPM is responsible for managing all technical aspects of Amazon’s relationship with its device partners. They work closely with the business development team to on-board new partners, grow distribution of Amazon Video and introduce new features. The TPM looks at the engineering considerations, and co-ordinates all technical input on the Amazon Video app and playback, involving specialist engineering teams as appropriate. The TPM is responsible for the ongoing engineering success of the partnership.
Your goals will be to manage engineering delivery, ensure partner support for the Amazon Video product roadmap and work with the Business Development team to drive customer growth and engagement. Plainly put, the TPM is the bridge between business and technology, managing technical relationships with Amazon Video partners (both internal and external). They are liaison and primary point of contact between our external OEM partners and our technical teams. You will lead integrations, technical due diligence on new platforms and influence partners’ future roadmaps. Additionally, you are also responsible for identifying important new trends in the OTT and CE marketplace. You will own all engineering aspects of the relationship with global partners, drive partner performance and ensure that the partner implements Amazon Video upgrades.
As this role has a global responsibility, it often involves partners and internal teams spread around the globe on multiple time zones. A successful TPM will have experience in working with geographically separated teams and embraces non-traditional working hours. Travel to/within the United States, Europe and Asia Pac is often required.
TPMs problem solve, scope, clear roadblocks, coordinate launches and dive deep to ensure the mutual customers of Amazon and 3Ps have a great video experience. They are responsible for making sure expectations are clear and that all teams are working toward a joint deliverable.
We are looking for a dynamic TPM who is ready for the challenge of driving the integration and distribution of Prime Video with global home CE companies as part of the Prime Video Business Development team. Managing this exciting and fast growing portion of the Amazon business will provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to work in a diverse team and fulfill the Amazon motto to “Work Hard, Have Fun, and make History.”
As the TPM, Prime Video your responsibilities will include the following:
· Persuasively representing Prime Video technical capabilities and requests to 3Ps.
· Fostering strong relationships with 3Ps, including assessing requirements and underlying feature requests to recommend technical and business approaches.
· Conducting pre-project discovery and scoping – gathering product and roadmap information to work with engineering teams to develop a detailed plan for integrations.
· Vetting 3P technology platforms and capabilities as a qualification for successful engagements. Matching 3P technical needs to Amazon Video solutions.
· Managing 3Ps, notably during the business development, qualification and technical implementation stages. Implementing and optimizing the technical aspects of distribution relationships.
· Managing projects after deployment – coordination of post-launch device activities, including technical aspects to increase engagement and 3P problem solving.
· Driving and refining the 3P technical engagement process around integration and distribution.
· Investigating new technologies for Prime Video distribution. Identifying new companies and technologies to work with and influencing internal roadmaps/priorities.
· Managing long-term strategic interests as well as the tactical and day-to-day.
· Coordinating closely with product, software development and technical program management teams to ensure continuity of the technical needs of 3Ps.
· Driving customer experience and engagement technical improvements on 3P platforms.
· Driving process improvements in 3P qualification and integration. Successful candidates will have experience working with 3Ps, demonstrate excellent relationship management and technical ability to communicate requirements and influence decisions.