Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Echo. What will you help us create?The Role:
As a Hardware Engineer you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products. You will work closely with an internal inter-disciplinary team, and outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, execution and test. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
As an Electrical Engineer you will work within the Hardware Product Engineering team. This will be a hands-on position to support all design validation and reliability aspects of design, development, and transfer to manufacturing; including alternate source component selection and qualification. You will drive system validation activities for new products development, to implement design changes for sustaining products, to resolve technical issues for manufacturing process, and to perform failure analysis for field returned products. In this role, you will:
- Perform DFM and DFMEA reviews within electronic design group, with CM and suppliers.
- Develop system test plans for design validation and EVT/DVT builds.
- Define test methodology and test coverage to assure product reliability.
- Monitor quality metrics from design validation, reliability, EVT/DVT builds, ramp up and field return data.
- This position will require international travel