Are you a linguist with technical aptitude? Or are you an engineer with a passion for (human) languages and linguistics? Do you want to transform the way people enjoy music, radio, books and video? Come join the team that made Prime Music, Spotify, Pandora, Live radio, Audible books, Kindle books, Podcasts, Alexa on Fire TV and more available to Alexa customers. We are innovating on and changing the way our customers interact with media services and devices by building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services.
Alexa Music is looking for a Language Engineer with experience in linguistic annotation, ontologies, taxonomies and/or semantic schemas. In this role, you will support new feature development by extending existing annotation schemas to cover new concepts.
Specifically, the Language Engineer will:
- Design the natural language processing components of new Alexa experiences and features by writing grammars and annotation specifications
- Collaborate with scientists and other Language Engineers in developing coherent and comprehensive meaning representation frameworks
- Lead annotation efforts to test and solidify new representations
- Provide day-to-day coordination of data collection efforts, including planning, scheduling, and reporting
- Measure and analyze accuracy and throughput of annotated data
- Handle competing requests from a range of data customers
- Write grammars and build FSTs
- Use modeling tools to bootstrap new functionalities