External job description
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create? The Role:
As a Compliance Certification Administrator, you will be experienced in FCC and worldwide certification processes of wireless hand-held consumer electronics. You will have familiarity with wireless radio technology submitals ranging from IEEE802.11xx to BT and LTE. You will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to certify consumer products. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
In this role you will work closely with the Certification team Compliance engineers by supporting the certification activities on the teams certification deliverable. The regulatory approvals will consist of FCC, CE on the wireless part and NRTL on the product safety part. You will also work with our manufacturing partners to insure all necessary certification documentation is provided.
· Initiate international type approvals
· Maintain internal certification documents and database.
· Update all certification record and file for renewals
· Participate in international expansion and prioritize additional int’l certification
· Advise PM. Launch, Ops update with of certification completion
· Create processes to ensure the Compliance Team communicates policies and processes – as it relates to regulatory compliance (FCC, CE, global)