A Product Design Engineer in the Advanced Products team should demonstrate a strong working knowledge of mechanical systems; self-motivation, desire to learn from new challenges, and the problem solving and communication skills to work within a highly interactive and experienced team. Candidates must show a hands-on passion for their work, and must be able to communicate their ideas and concepts verbally and visually. Finally, Candidates must demonstrate an ability to integrate feedback and prove their adaptability to quickly changing contexts and work environments.
- Designing and building 3D models for testing, proof-of-concept, mock-ups, and functional appearance models.
- Finding and interfacing with 3rd party suppliers and integrate their pieces into the whole system design.
- Supporting advanced R&D initiatives & prototyping efforts with team members of other disciplines.
- Participate in the cross-discipline design process for system design, combining your skills with HW and SW team members to arrive at integrated effective system designs.
- Work well with support resources (technicians) to efficiently realize appropriate design portions.
- Identifying emerging technologies to help define development opportunities.
- Researching advanced materials and manufacturing processes.
- Anticipating and correcting issues that may impact mass-production (DFx).
- Supporting positive team interactions to accomplish program objectives.
- Contributing to schedule & milestone commitments.
- Providing cross-functional program integration support.