Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo.
What will you help us create?
Do you want to shape the future of computer vision? Would you like to be part of a team that supports high-profile consumer electronics, including the innovative Cloud Cam, Echo Show, and Echo Look? If you answer ‘yes’, come join the Amazon Computer Vision Software Products team and help us create groundbreaking devices and large-scale computer vision services. Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
We are looking for an experienced, self-motivated, detail-oriented Build/Release Engineer who has demonstrated ability to work in a fast-pace and complex software build environment. Join us to become the founding member of a new initiative that involves CV, Amazon Cameras, including Ring and Internet of Things. Not only do we deliver high-impact customer facing applications, we also focus on learning, sharing, innovating and having fun at work. Here is a list of things we do differently:
- We have significant influence on overall strategy.
- We have a lot of diversity in the technologies we use.
- We are fast paced—like really fast.
- We support and encourage learning and sharing new technologies and skills.
- We have almost zero operational overhead.
Key responsibilities: The Role:
We are looking for an experienced, self-motivated, detail oriented Sr. Build Engineer who has demonstrated ability to work in a fast-pace and complex software build environment.
- Provide strategic direction and logistical support for IT-related activities to support operations and efficiency of the development organization.
- Build, maintain and continuously improve an infrastructure for a multi-site development team including source code repository, build tools and scripts, continuous integration infrastructure, packaging and deployment tools.
- Establish and maintain agile development toolset including tools for managing user stories and product defects.
- Establish processes and tools to maintain code base integrity, including check-in validation rules and branch/merge processes.
- Investigate and recommend best practices for maintaining code quality, including development of code metrics, code review workflows, code coverage measurement and the use of static and dynamic analysis tools.
- Influence and drive operational excellence best practices within the organization.