Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create? The Role:
As a Senior Test Engineer you will be responsible for defining and implementing manufacturing and test processes for image capturing modules and devices. You will be a key member of the development team and will be the main interface among the internal engineering and operations teams as well as our OEM partners. In this role, you will:
- Work with the OEM’s New Product Operations teams to identify and escalate manufacturing challenges by enforcing DFM and DFT principles.
- Investigate and introduce new manufacturing test technology and methodology to enhance production efficiency.
- Develop test strategy, implement and optimize test setup/processes at the ODM including identification, specification, design and qualification of test fixtures, test equipment and diagnostic software.
- Evaluate image capturing performance at development stage and drive test requirements, specs and limits with Engineering Development Team.
- Develop, review and execute equipment requirement plans to support new product manufacturing and test.
- Work within Operations, PD, HW and SW engineering departments to implement and optimize efficiency.
- Bridge the gap with OEM partners by supporting development builds and production.
- Support cost reduction and sustaining activities.
- This position requires travel internationally.