Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As a member of the Camera Commodity Management Team, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design and develop innovative consumer products. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
The Global Commodity Manager is a critical part of the Kindle development process and is responsible for formulating, communicating, and executing a sourcing strategy relative to their respective commodity. The commodity manager leads supplier sourcing / selection activities and successfully manages the supplier relationship to ensure that the supply chain is capable of delivering high quality, cost effective materials to support production requirements. The commodity manager ensures that their respective commodity meets the technical specifications and cost requirements necessary for Lab126 to develop great products for its customers.
· Collaborate within the Global Commodity Management Camera Team and across Supplier Quality and Engineering to develop a commodity strategy and technology roadmap that aligns technology and business requirements with supplier capabilities.
· Work closely with Engineering to define standard and custom product requirements.
· Work closely with Engineering to influence technical design decisions to meet technical capabilities, and business objectives.
· Manage the Approved Vendors List (AVL) for commodity, supplier selection and qualification.
· Ensure a competitive sourcing environment leading to continuous improvement in quality, cost, service and technology.
· Interface with cross-functional teams to assess current and future sourcing requirements.
· Deliver periodic executive business review of commodity sourcing strategy, considering the industry landscape, supplier capabilities, scale and performance, product and technical roadmaps and strategic business objectives.
· Manage overall supplier relationships including supplier performance, capability development, cost and quality improvements.
· Maintain personal knowledge of market trends including rigorous analysis of market drivers, cost structures and technical improvements.
· Travel periodically to supplier’s manufacturing sites.
· Support Lab126 OEM supplier initiatives including technology, quality, cost, supply, environment, ethics, etc.