Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire Tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Amazon’s tablet business is growing. In the past few years we have continued to prioritize our customer needs and we’ve packed more value and features into our devices than those of other comparable devices on the market. A revival is underway and the best is yet to come!
Working in Amazon’s tablet development offers a unique and holistic view of nearly every Amazon team and system contributing to a new product release. At the nexus of this development and coordination is the Tablet Launch & Feature TPM, Senior Manager. It is a challenging role, but also one of the most rewarding. A new Amazon tablet or feature and it’s embrace by our customers is directly a function of the work and contribution of the Launch & Feature TPM, Senior Manager.
The ideal candidate for this role is a seasoned veteran in shipping products. They think fast, move fast, demonstrate solid judgement and always earn trust through competence and character. They have excellent communication skills, and they know how to push teams and individuals without breaking trust. They know how to manage managers and develop their individual TPMs to be successful in Amazon. They know how to coordinate large planning initiatives with tens of contributing teams and individuals, and they know how to dig-deep when needed to deliver results that ensure we keep our bond with our customers at all times. The role of Launch & Feature TPM, Senior Manager offers a rare degree of visibility in a company as big as Amazon. One is regularly in front of VPs and Senior VPs distilling key aspects of a program, and over the years, it’s proven to be an excellent opportunity to demonstrate the skills that result in a larger charter and responsibility down the road. If interested, and you believe you have the experience, then we’d love to hear from you.The Role
– Lead and develop a team of Launch and Feature Technical Program Managers tasked with delivering features and system releases on Amazon’s Fire Tablets.
– Lead prioritization, track risks and handle escalations for multiple programs.
– Demonstrate the ability to zoom into the details to diagnose and drive resolution of issues, and to abstract out to provide summarized roll up view of status and risks to the stakeholders.
– Excel at handling ambiguity, being able to work cross-team to drive clarity around the unknowns.
– Build processes and programs that can scale by orders of magnitude, and demonstrate a passion to innovate and drive process efficiencies.
– Define team goals and strategic initiatives 1-3 years out.
– Demonstrate a sound ability to earn trust while challenging and partnering with internal teams and partner teams in Amazon.