Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create? The Role:
Are you a linguist with technical aptitude? Or are you an engineer with a passion for (human) languages and linguistics? Come join us! You will be working with a unique and gifted team of engineers and scientists engaged in a fast-paced mission to conceive and deliver new products. You will help build the speech and language solutions behind new Amazon products and services.
We are seeking a Language Engineer with experience in linguistic annotation, ontologies, taxonomies and/or semantic schemas. In this role, you will identify and solve issues directly affecting the customer experience by becoming an expert in annotation schemas and natural language understanding.
Specifically, you will:
- Design the natural language processing components of new Alexa experiences and features by writing grammars and annotation specifications
- Collaborate with scientists and other Language Engineers in creating optimal solutions to elevate the customer experience
- Identify and solve production issues that are impacting the Alexa customer experience
- Advocate strict adherence to annotation guidelines
- Scale existing functionalities into new languages