Amazon is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics like the Kindle family of products, FireTV, Alexa and Fire Tablets. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history. The Role
In this role you will manage the quality automation team for the Fire TV product line. You will be responsible for the automation framework on which we execute many critical automated tests ranging from functional, to stress, to performance, and more. Automation is an extremely important part of our quality strategy and you will play a critical role in the delivery of high quality, customer delighting products. This team builds tools and automation to validate the function and performance of Fire TV from a user perspective. In essence, the team sets the bar to give customers the snappy TV performance they love.
We are creating and improving products customers love, delivering family entertainment and innovating the way people interact with streaming media players. Join a team of passionate engineers with a commitment to delivering the best customer facing products possible.
The successful manager will be a strong technical leader with a background in building and improving automation structures and running effective teams delivering against a high paced delivery schedule. This manager should be highly customer focused, obsessed with quality improvement, with a proven record of working effectively across functional organizations. He or she must should be a strong hands on manager with good technical experience and the ability to drive against a high level test strategy based on a data driven quality approach. The manager will be a strong quality advocate with a good planning and optimization mindset. In this role you will:
- Manage a team of automation engineers building and maintaining the automation framework and test cases handling the majority of automated testing for the Fire TV product.
- Develop and execute against a solid automation strategy for delivering the highest quality product releases.
- Understand how all elements of the system software ecosystem work together and develop technical quality approaches that fit the overall strategy.
- Be responsible for development of automated test strategies with defined measurable metrics to gauge success.
- Provide clear and concise quality assessments of tested product areas synthesized from full data sets of test results.
- Be an experienced but hands-on manager who can build an organization and ensure it performs.