Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create? The Role:
The Product Operations group is looking for an individual who wants to work on a business that is growing at a rapid pace. We are a critical part of the Product Management and Hardware development process and are accountable for successful fulfillment for product launches and ongoing support. Our team is growing and needs new talent to increase the capabilities of our current systems and drive continuous improvement.
As a Senior Operations Program Manager, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design and develop innovative consumer products. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. In this role, you will:
· Be the leader and accountable for the Operations and Supply Chain organization.
· Demonstrate ability to manage multiple complex programs - program management, facilitation, work prioritization, planning and task delegation
· Have excellent communication and writing skills.
· Manage schedule health by driving weekly meetings with manufacturing partner for build planning and readiness, with input and support from cross-functional leads.
· Collaborate with cross functional teams and manufacturing partner to develop manufacturing processes, process flows, capacity model, equipment/ fixture designs, quality control plans, establish implementation schedules and validation plans prior to any Engineering build.
· Represent all of Operations within the product design teams and the organization at large. Use previous experience to influence and negotiate for DFX, supply chain, testability, error proofing and simplification features.
· Collaborates with cross-functional teams and manufacturing partner to record, drive and ensure resolution of all technical and process issues.
· Influence cross functional teams across the organization
· Report out on program updates on a weekly, monthly basis to all levels of the organization.