Alexa is the Amazon cloud service that powers Echo family of devices, the groundbreaking new Amazon device designed around your voice. We believe voice is the next shift in human computer interaction. The Alexa Information team uses natural language understanding, knowledge acquisition, analytical tooling, and continuous incremental improvement to answer our customers’ questions. You will have an opportunity to impact the customer experience, architecture, design, and implementation of products used by people you know.
We are looking for a passionate, hard-working, and talented senior-level software engineer with a track record of successfully delivering new features and products, solving hard problems, and learning new technologies quickly. Your job will be to work with a team of engineers and product managers to solve new problems in new ways. You’ll also be coaching other engineers, developing engineering processes, and encouraging excellence within the team.
- Lead definition, architecture, and design of software components, solution designs, tools, and tests
- Mentor and coach other engineers on the team, encouraging engineering excellence
- Will help to define and push for the best possible end-user experience
- Contribute to team discussions around solution and component design as well as process improvement
- Design, develop, and maintain high-quality, high-performance, maintainable code
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment, participating in prioritization, estimation, and sprint planning