Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As a Senior Electrical Interconnects Program Manager in the Technical Operations organization, you will be the primary interface to the new product engineering and operations teams for all manufacturing and supply chain issues related to electrical wiring and interconnects. You will partner with them, our CMs and our suppliers to usher new products into manufacturing environments and support them through the production lifecycle. You will leverage your deep engineering domain expertise to provide technical leadership for those teams, and be accountable for the results. You will identify problems well before they occur, and avoid them. The Role:
You are a key participant in the Product Operations organization responsible to usher new products into production. Activities include:
- During the product development phases, lead Design for Manufacturability (DfM), Design for Assembly (DfA), Design for Serviceability (DfS), and design for Test (DfT) exercises on electrical interconnects, flexible circuits, and wire harness designs, then work closely with our engineering teams to ensure that critical changes are incorporated in a timely manner.
- Develop a deep technical understanding of the electrical circuits and associated hardware used in our products, and the interconnectivity employed, then promote and incorporate best manufacturing practices.
- Drive technical resolution for wire cable, harness and interconnects production at our suppliers.
- Develop deep domain expertise in high-reliability, low cost interconnects designs and products, then influence the connector and conductor selections made by the Engineering community.
- Improve first-pass yields and production efficiencies by proactively identifying the root causes of failures and ensuring that corrective actions are performed in a timely manner.
- Provide sustaining engineering support for new products as required from production ramp though End-Of-Life.
- Drive cross-functional alignment and schedules for interconnect and system builds.
- Lead the investigation and adoption of new interconnects manufacturing technologies and processes.
Leverage your deep manufacturing experience, and the experience of our CMs and suppliers, to mitigate manufacturing technical risk, improve product designs, manufacturing processes and yields.