Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and manufactures high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices such as the Amazon Echo, Fire tablets, and Fire TV. What will you help us create?
As a SeniorTest Engineer in the Technical Operations organization, you will be the primary interface to the new product engineering and operations teams for all technical issues related to Test Engineering. You will partner with them to usher new products into manufacturing environments and support them through the production lifecycle. You will leverage your deep engineering domain expertise to provide technical leadership for those teams, and be accountable for the results. You will identify problems well before they occur, and avoid them. The Role:
You are a key participant in the Product Operations organization responsible to usher new products into production. Activities include:
- During the product development phases, lead Design for Test (DfT) studies, and work closely with the engineering teams to ensure that critical changes are incorporated in a timely manner.
- Develop a deep technical understanding of the products, then define the test strategies for component, subassembly and system level testing.
- Co-develop the architecture of the subassembly and system level manufacturing lines with the Principal Technical Operations Integration Engineer.
- Define automated test equipment (ATE) specifications, and oversee the design and assembly of ATEs and test fixtures.
- Develop test plans and test procedures. Oversee tests, data reviews and post-test analyses.
- Develop diags from specifications defined by engineering teams. Develop scripts consistent with the test plans and manufacturing flow.
- growth achieved during the product development process meets or exceeds the negotiated plan.
- Review and approve all manufacturing-related subassembly and final assembly test procedures.
- Improve first-pass yields and production efficiencies by proactively identifying the root causes of failures and ensuring that corrective actions are performed in a timely manner.
- Provide sustaining engineering support for new products as required from production ramp though End-Of-Life.
- Lead the investigation and adoption of new manufacturing test technologies and processes.
- Leverage your deep manufacturing experience, and the experience of our CMs and suppliers, to mitigate manufacturing technical risk, improve product designs, manufacturing processes and yields.