External Job Description:
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history. The Role:
Are you interesting in developing a distribution, logistics and analytics platform for Lab126’s next generation Consumer Electronics products?
The Amazon Devices Engineering Services team is looking for a team Lead (Sr. SW Development Engineer) responsible for definition and development of Prototype Device Management Service. You will lead a team a 4 SW engineers who develop a distribution, logistics and analytics service. The service is used by global device development, BETA and services teams to streamline the development of Amazon Branded Consumer electronics products.
You will be responsible for working with cross functional stakeholders ( Engineering, Operations BETA, PM) to gather and prioritize product requirements, manage development and mentor the development team. Individuals interested in this position should have experience in building complex services and compelling user experiences. You will develop on a scalable platform that integrates with other Amazon and 3rd Party services. The ideal candidate will have experience developing web services and a familiarity with frontend technologies.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis
- 6+ years’ experience building web services
- Experience in Java or Scala
- HTTP and REST
- Great communication skills; ability to effectively articulate technical challenges solutions
- Strong focus on testing during development
- Experience designing distribution, logistics or related business process tools
- Machine Learning (ML) or business analytics experience; Apache Spark