Alexa is a cloud-based voice service that powers Amazon Echo family of devices to enable interactions with technology using just your voice. The Alexa Information group combines natural language understanding, large volumes of structured knowledge, and machine reasoning to answer our customers’ questions in the most natural way possible and also build delightful customer experiences around them. We cover a wide variety of verticals such as weather, sports, traffic, local search, etc. and are growing into new verticals.
We are looking for a Knowledge Engineer (KE) with passion, knowledge and understanding in the field of semantic & structured data to help make Alexa smarter.
- Identifying and filling knowledge gaps for improving the representation of real-world objects and relations in Alexa's knowledge base
- Expanding and maintaining Alexa’s ability to understand and answer questions
- Developing content for Alexa based on real-time updates relevant to the specific product vertical
- Partnering with software engineers, product managers, machine learning scientists, to find opportunities to improve the Alexa platform
On a day-to-day basis, Knowledge Engineers do the following:
- Data collection: manage knowledge repositories, identifying the best sources of information and feeding it into the repository
- Data verification: verify the accuracy and suitability of our information
- Data correction: audit our information to identify incorrect, badly worded or otherwise unsuitable piece of information, and edit the data to make it suitable