Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development Company that designs, develops, and manufactures high-profile devices such as the Amazon Echo, the best-selling Kindle family of e-readers, the FireTV streaming media players, and the family of Fire tablets. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc. Since then, we have worked to produce market leading products as well as new inventions. What will you help us create?
As a Voice UX Designer, you will define and drive spoken language and multimodal interfaces. You must be an innovator, since you will be expected to create solutions for exciting and ambitious ideas for which no interaction paradigm currently exists. You must be extremely proactive, because you will regularly find yourself in uncharted territory where the key to your success will be to get ahead of the curve. You must be a collaborator, and will be working side-by-side with engineers to bring your designs to life. You must be a pragmatic visionary who can translate business needs into a leading-edge customer-focused solution. And most important, you must excel at conceptualizing spoken and multimodal experiences in the abstract and driving that vision into solid design deliverables.
We are looking for a designer who can:
· Produce user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and rigorous user interface specifications
· Conduct analyses of real usage data to inform UX optimization efforts
· Drive root cause analyses to respond to UX performance issues
· Start simple while not losing sight of the long-term vision
· Thrive in a nimble, start-up like environment
· Communicate clearly and think quickly