Amazon Web Services (AWS) Hardware Engineering is a fast growing and leading-edge research and development unit that designs, engineers and qualifies cloud-optimized compute and storage enterprise products. These high-powered servers push the technological limits to achieve truly limitless cloud offerings for AWS customers. The Hardware Qual team owns the total hardware validation testing cycle and ensures the high expectations of our cloud customers are met.
We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join AWS Hardware Engineering to lead the operations of a mission-critical AWS region infrastructure. As a Systems Development Engineer you will have the opportunity to work closely with Service Teams, and Infrastructure teams to ensure consistent, world-class operations of this important AWS region. Why it matters:
The public cloud IT infrastructure market is growing at a remarkable rate and is seeing rapid adoption from companies of all sizes. The quality of one of the largest server fleets in the world starts here. We directly improve the business outcomes of more than a million customers who depend on AWS. Why You’ll Love it:
You'll be part of an incredibly strong and deep team in a fast-paced, start-up like environment. This is an opportunity to work at the forefront of cloud evolution, enabling and extending our distributed systems on a massive scale across multiple data centers, multiple countries and millions of customers. What You Will Do:
- Operationalize a new and critical AWS region
- Work closely with our Network Engineering teams to ensure fast, smooth roll-out of the new AWS region.
- Work with the primary customers in Lab and QA Management to enhance test capability, accuracy and efficiency
- Develop monitoring solutions, metrics, and operational procedures to maximize region utilization.
- Be accountable for troubleshooting, diagnosing and fixing issues with the network software/tools
- Perform software maintenance, configuration, updates, tracking and issue resolution
- Work cross-functionally with other teams to continually improve operational readiness and availability
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, make trade-offs, and encourage risk-taking to maximize business benefit
- Drive an environment of continuous improvement and world-class efficiency
- Challenge conventional thinking; create innovative paths forward