The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo.
What will you help us create?The Team:
How often have you had an opportunity to be a founding member of a team that is solving a significant customer problem through innovative technology? Would you like to know more about how computer vision and machine learning can be used to solve these problems? If this sounds intriguing, then we’d like to talk to you about a role on a new Amazon team that's tackling a set of problems requiring significant innovation.
As a Principal Engineer, you will define the software architectures and influence the hardware selection to create new Amazon devices. You will be involved from the concept stage of the product and required to dive deep into understanding the problem the device is trying to solve for our customer. You will be responsible for defining a software architecture that brings the solution to the customer. You will have a strong understanding of how the overall architecture will impact software on the device and in the cloud. With this information, you will work across Amazon Devices & Services to influence the hardware component selection so the software will be able to deliver on the requirements with the given hardware. From a strategic perspective, you will be part of a senior leadership team that will help drive the technical direction for the org
As a Principal Engineer you will be expected to:
· Serve as a technical lead on our most demanding, cross-functional projects.
· Design or select appropriate imaging and sensing systems.
· Apply appropriate computer vision and/or machine learning techniques.
· Ensure the quality of hardware and software architecture and design of systems.
· Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
· Fully understand system interdependencies and limitations.
· Possess expert knowledge of SoC architectures, GPU Core, Multimedia or Connectivity
The ideal candidate will be able to balance technical leadership and savvy with strong business judgment to make the right decisions about technology choices. You’ll strive for simplicity and demonstrate significant creativity and incisive judgment.