At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. We are looking for a Research Scientist to be a part of the Supply Chain Planning team who will build models and algorithms for demand forecasting and capacity planning ground up whereby enabling the hiring of exceptional talent meeting the Amazon bar.
Our success in recruiting depends on our ability to manage and analyze the data that that we generate as well as curating external data sources for identifying the right resources for Amazon. This position requires the ability to dive deep large amounts of data, have a great business sense, and the desire to influence key strategic decisions with data-modelled analysis. Working within the business teams and collaborating with key stakeholders across the company, you will have the opportunity to design and implement features to enhance the experience of Amazon Recruiters and prospective Employees. We offer a technologically-sophisticated, customer-focused, data-driven and friendly work environment. Research Scientists at Amazon work directly with diverse scientific teams including Computer Engineers, Data Engineers and other scientists. In this role, you will have an opportunity to work on mathematical problems with a large element of unpredictability. You will analyze and process large amounts of data, develop new sophisticated algorithms and improve existing approaches based on statistical models, machine learning algorithms to generate demand plans based on distributions of confidence.
As a Research Scientist in the Planning/Materials group you will partner with planning, materials, and system development engineers to enhance system tools and business process capabilities. The main responsibilities of this role are:
- Research, design, implement and evaluate machine learning and computer vision algorithms using modeling tools such as Express, R, Python, SAS or similar tools to solve business problems related to capacity and production planning
- Collaborate closely with the Operations and Supply Chain functional teams to dive deep into hard technical problems and develop insightful solutions that enable productivity gains
- Work with software engineering teams to drive scalable, real-time implementations
- Track general business activity and provide clear, compelling management reports on a regular basis
· Define solutions for problems across Operations and Supply Chain based on guidance from the Planning Systems Program Manager, and assist in estimating the development effort