Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Sr Software Development Engineer – Connectivity IoT you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products. Your focus will be in IoT Smart Home and accessory devices across Bluetooth, ZigBee and WiFi connectivity. You own architecture, implementation and integrating with echo system of Amazon devices, applications and cloud services.
In this role, you will:
- Work with product management and cross functional teams to provide technical solutions for desired user experiences.
- Create world class software and firmware
- Implement high-quality network stack, framework and application features.
- Implement the right metrics, debug tools and integrate with backend solutions to continuously measure and improve on our solutions.
- Implement power management features
- Implement and provide testing facilities and tools for QA, HW and factory teams.
- Work with teams to improve and tailor existing drivers, stack and applications to our needs. Improve memory footprint, optimize drive, stack and application code.
- Dive into and take ownership for critical design issues
- Participate in design reviews
- Address all aspects of technology readiness, including manufacturability
- Help build robust methodology and processes to deliver technology to products
- Work with the hardware team to ensure correct exercising of hardware and RF architecture.
- Support compliance and certification activities.
- Be able to occasionally travel internationally.