The Amazon Alexa Information team designs and creates customer focussed experiences around Music, Movies and TVs that run on Alexa. What will you help us create?
We are focused on building technology that combines natural language understanding, acquiring large volumes of structured knowledge and machine reasoning, to allow customers to get answers to their questions in the most natural way possible. We’re building solutions for Amazon Echo and other products and services. We’re working hard, having fun, and making history; come join us!
You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products that will be used every day by people you know. No matter what the role, we’re looking for people who are passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, demonstrate strong product ownership, and want to have fun while they make history.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of computer science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
- Collaborate closely with engineers, architects, TPMs, product product managers and other team members to determine appropriate performance SLAs for all changes (new features as well as updates)
- Be responsible for performance of cloud software components, determining current limitations and compatibilities between subsystems, selection of new concepts and methodology, and development of core systems/components
- Be responsible to engage with all technical as well as non-technical stakeholders to ensure the timely performance validation of our cloud services
- Be responsible to follow design principles, select design patterns and mentor junior team members
- Prepare technical requirements and software design specifications for improving exiting and future cloud services