Alexa is the Amazon cloud service that powers devices like Echo and FireTV – Amazon’s groundbreaking devices designed around voice. For our International Team located in beautiful Santa Barbara, we are looking for a dedicated Knowledge Engineer. The International Team is focused on expanding Alexa’s knowledge base so that Alexa can comprehensively understand and answer questions in many languages from all around the world.
This Knowledge Engineering role will serve as the main expert for Japan. He/she will have a solid understanding of the Japanese culture and will fluently speak the Japanese language.
In this role, you will:
- Expand and maintain Alexa’s ability to understand and answer questions in Japanese
- Partner with software developers, product managers, other knowledge engineering teams, and business leaders to identify opportunities to enhance Alexa in Japan
- Identify and fill gaps for Japanese specific queries on Alexa, constantly identifying new content opportunities
- Localize relevant content
- Develop and manage complex data pipelines and create country specific knowledge products
- Closely monitor country specific KPIs and define actions to reach locale-specific goals
- Constantly solicit input from users and colleagues to improve our products