Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As a Senior Compliance Engineer you will be an integral part of the product development team and influence an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative products.. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment across multiple projects simultaneously. The Role:
As a Senior Compliance Engineer you will work closely with the design teams throughout the product life cycle by specifying regulatory requirements, completing pre-testing of the Hardware platforms developed by the design team and supporting the team through product execution, ultimately assisting the team to obtain the required regulatory compliance and safety certifications on the devices. The Compliance Engineer will also work with operations and sustaining to ensure our devices stay in compliance throughout their product lifetimes. Key responsibilities include:
- Create processes to ensure the Compliance Team communicates policies and processes – as it relates to regulatory compliance (FCC, CE, global)
- Work with Legal to ensure confidential submission processes are followed for proper
- Technical lead supporting compliance team and development members on difficult problems.
· Determining and interpreting the relevant compliance standards to test our hardware against based on our specific use case
· Establishing and maintaining guides lines and best design practices to mitigate compliance issues early in the design phase
· Participate and approve in mechanical and electrical design reviews to ensure EMC/EMI and WLAN mitigations are properly implemented in the design
· Hands-on testing experience for EMC/EMI compliance of the designs during development (pre-compliance testing).
· Root cause determination and corrective design action for any failures
· Filing official paperwork and final approval from the proper government or regulatory bodies (FCC/CE/TELEC/WPC for WLAN, WAN , and industry certifications.
· Responsible for determining regulatory artwork for labels as required by certification bodies
· Stay up to date on any changes to global agency approvals and testing procedures