Alexa is a cloud-based voice service that powers Amazon Echo family of devices to enable interactions with technology using just your voice. The Alexa Information group is responsible for answering all information-related questions for customers as well as building delightful customer experiences around them. We cover a wide variety of verticals such as weather, sports, traffic, local search, etc. and are continually growing into new verticals as well as starting new initiatives within existing ones.
You will have an enormous opportunity to impact Alexa’s customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation. No matter what the role, we’re looking for people who are passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, demonstrate strong product ownership, and want to have fun while they make history.
- Designing and developing high performance, test-driven code that meets complex requirements and is massively scalable
- Ownership at all stages of the software development cycle, including designing and developing significant new architectural systems and improvements
- Working with and maintaining a large existing code base as well as new components; maintaining production code and contributing to deployment and QA processes
- Participation in estimation and sprint planning
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software