Are you an inventive Software Manager looking to grow your career with ownership of a highly visible, large scale, and big-impact, new project? Amazon needs someone to craft a vision for optimizing the hardware engineering processes for all of Amazon's storage and compute capacity. This is a massive scale project and it affects millions of customers and developers all over the world who rely on our storage, compute, and virtualized services via Amazon Web Services. You’ll be directly responsible for optimizing a engineering platform. This platform currently adds as much server capacity daily as was used to power all of Amazon.com in the year 2000 when it was a mere 2.76 billion dollar business!
As a Software Manager, you will have technical ownership for building out this green field engineering platform but this is not just a technical role. With your finger on the pulse of the whole of AWS, your role reports critical data to the senior leadership team. Much of what will make you successful is your ability to communicate what the results of your complex forecasting task in a persuasive and understandable manner.
Keys to success in this role include exceptional analytics, judgment, and communication skills. The candidate needs to be able to extract insights from data and be able to communicate clearly appropriate triggers and actions.
- Partner with senior management in the planning process as you support your recommendations based on your data models.
- Serve as a key member of the hardware engineering team in helping to define and deliver complex specification and bill of material models
- Understand the technical requirements of our partners and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of engineering activities
- Develop new analytical models for design optimization
- Execute strategic business objectives while working with key internal stakeholders to improve engineering with the latest internal and external information
- Prepare and give detailed data-driven business reviews to senior management, focused on improving time to market and manual processes.
- Set the vision and direction for a team of software developers that will enable AWS to scale in rapid growth environment
- Hire and develop the best and brightest software engineers