Amazon’s Digital Finance organization has an immediate opening for a Business Intelligence Software Developer.
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo.
As a Business Intelligence Software Developer you will be leading the charge in developing next generation software that would help finance team with data analysis and business decisions. You will work with a wide range of data technologies (e.g. MySQL, Redshift, EMR, Quicksight, Excel Add-Ins and Tableau etc.) and stay abreast of emerging technologies, investigating and implementing where appropriate.
Our ideal candidate possess a strong passion for object oriented software design and development, analytics and data modeling, sets high standards, is accurate and strives to stay ahead of a dynamic and fast growing business. The successful candidate will also demonstrate strong communication skills and possess a high level of business acumen in order to work with business owners and deliver analysis that leads to business actions. Above all the candidate is passionate about working with huge data sets and is someone that loves to answer business questions that drive change.
· Design, implement, and support applications that provide structured and timely access to actionable business information addressing stakeholder needs.
· Interface directly with stakeholders, gathering requirements and owning automated end-to-end reporting solutions.
· Partner with analysts, data engineers, business intelligence engineers, and software development engineers across Consumables org and Amazon to produce complete data solutions.
· Investigate and implement new big data technologies to solve business problems where appropriate.
· Participate in developing technical strategy for turning data into actionable information.
· Develop complex queries for ad hoc requests and projects, as well as ongoing reporting.