Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile devices like the Kindle, Echo and Fire family of products. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc. Since then, we have worked to produce best-selling tablets with breakthrough hardware technology, e-readers that have revolutionized reading and the ground-breaking Echo Family. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. As a Principal Engineer in the Advanced Products Group you will conduct research and development in sensing technologies and related disciplines, and collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams, including Amazon Robotics, to put the concepts you develop into volume production and the lives of our customers. You will determine where commercially available solutions and academic research can be applied to solve Amazon business problems, as well as identify opportunities for innovation. You will use data, analytic and experimental skills to bring sensor solutions to production level quality.
- Work with the HW and Technology teams to architect, source and qualify cost effective HW solutions for real world sensor problems
- Scope and lead cross functional efforts on sensor and sensor fusion solutions
- Lead and perform sensor calibration and characterization for real world conditions.
- Define architecture and drive development for key components and subsystems on new product categories
- Define manufacturing tests and calibration routines for optical, acoustic, and Inertial sensors
- Develop engineering test plans which stress the sensor integration to meet defined use cases
- Collaborate with SoC architecture team and SW algorithm teams to deliver an optimal sensor suite for efficient use of the SoC capabilities.
- Drive continuous improvement across the organization in areas of design through design mentorship and process methodologies
- Deliver results on complex projects involving teams across the company
- Work with stakeholders to define business requirements
- Manage multiple tasks and consistently meet deadlines