Familiar with the core undergraduate curriculum of Computer Science.
- Experience in building speech recognition and natural language processing systems (e.g. commercial speech products or government speech projects)
- Algorithm development experience
- Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing architectural concepts and algorithms, schedule tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members.
- Publications at top-tier peer-reviewed conferences or journals
- Familiar with the techniques and limitations of observational studies.
- Familiar with theory and practice of information retrieval, relevance, machine learning, and data mining.
- Skilled at data visualization and presentation.
- Excellent critical thinking skills, combined with the ability to present your beliefs clearly and compellingly in both verbal and written form.
- Energy and willingness to formulate, test, and discard or revise many hypotheses to help Amazon improve its product catalog.