Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
We are looking for a passionate, talented and inventive Applied/Research Scientist - Audio to join our team. As part of the larger technology team working on new consumer technology, your work will have a large impact to hardware, internal software developers, ecosystem, and ultimately the lives of Amazon customers. You must love high quality signal processing, enjoy adjusting codecs, optimizing audio frameworks, and have a feel for what a good consumer experience should sound like.
In this role, you will:
- Engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products
- Work closely with an internal inter-disciplinary team, and outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, execution and test
- Development of new audio and speech processing algorithms
- Optimization and port to different platforms of audio and speech processing algorithms with focus in Voice Communication and Speech Recognition
- Integrate vendor hardware and software stacks
- Be able, and willing, to multi-task and learn new technologies quickly
- Be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment