Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
Are you a strong software engineer with a passion for Big Data? Have you been playing with tools such as Apache Spark and Elastic Map Reduce (EMR) to build scalable data processing applications? Do you want to make this your day job? Then this opportunity is for you. We’re looking for strong software engineers capable of using massive parallel data processing technologies to design, evangelize, and implement state-of-the-art data engineering systems. You will work closely with experts in Computer Vision and Machine Learning to build solutions that enable cutting-edge research and drive new innovative product development.
The ideal candidate:
- Has a strong foundation in software development, design patterns, and cloud computing
- Has experience working with Big-data and distributed systems and understands how they are deployed.
- Enjoys working side by side with partners, colleagues and teams on tough problems
- Experience with full development life cycle for large-scale software products including experience with service oriented architectures, design patterns, web services, and web applications/services development
- Knowledge of relational databases (SQL)
- Data analysis and debugging skills