Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile, portable, hand-held consumer electronics products, like the Kindle family of products including e-readers and tablets.
As a Linux Kernel Software Engineer, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products.The Role:
You will work closely with the hardware, ops, user-space, and QA teams. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment. The Linux Kernel team is responsible for the delivery and maintenance of a high-performance, low-power, stable platform.
- Implement high-quality drivers.
- Work with teams to improve and tailor existing drivers to our needs
- Implement power-management features.
- Improve memory footprint of drivers.
- Optimize driver code.
- Provide testing facilities.
- Work with the hardware team to ensure correct exercising of hardware.
- Work with the user-space teams to ensure an adequate level of functionality and reporting.