Alexa is a cloud-based voice service that powers Amazon Echo family of devices to enable interactions with technology using just your voice. The Alexa Information group is responsible for answering all information-related questions for customers as well as building delightful customer experiences around them. We cover a wide variety of verticals such as weather, sports, traffic, local search, etc. and are continually growing into new verticals as well as starting new initiatives within existing ones.
As a Software Development Manager, you will lead a team engineers and work alongside product managers, designers and other engineering teams to bring our products and services to life.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the day-to-day activities spanning design, development, test, and deployment for a team of engineers within an agile/scrum environment to execute against a variety of projects
- Hire and develop an incredible team of talented and motivated engineers with high expectations around individual ownership and impact
- Set direction for the team, anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenges via thoughtful long-term planning
- Collaborate with product management to inform product strategy and roadmap
- Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach. Be responsible for both development and operations of product(s).