- MS or PhD in Computer Science or similar
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers with other engineers working under your guidance
- Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
- Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces
- Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and making them more effective software engineers
- Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
For more info on the Amazon Alexa Machine Learning Platform Team please view: https://www.amazon.jobs/alexa-machine-learning
Amazon was founded by Jeff Bezos in 1994 and is the world’s largest internet based company in the world by total sales and market capitalization. Amazon is a company of builders and we strive to invent products and services which benefit our customers.
A brief sample of our innovations would include:
Amazon Alexa (Echo) is a new category of device designed around your voice. Our mission is to push the envelope in Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR), Natural Language Understanding (NLU), and Audio Signal Processing, in order to provide the best-possible experience for our customers
Amazon Kindle E-Reader is part of the Devices team which also includes Fire TV, Fire Tablets, and Amazon Dash
Amazon Audible is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Machine learning, speech recognition and data mining techniques are utilized to create scalable solutions for business problems
Amazon Web Services (AWS) offers a robust, fully featured technology infrastructure platform in the cloud comprised of a broad set of compute, storage, database, analytics, application, and deployment services. Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Tags: Amazon, Amazon Alexa Echo, IoT, Internet of Things, Java, Java, Java, C++, C++, C, cloud, cloud, machine learning, machine learning, ML, speech recognition, speech recognition, big data, big data, computer vision, CV, NLU, natural language understanding, automatic speech recognition, ASR, AWS, Amazon Web Services, large scale distributed file systems, Boston jobs at Amazon, Boston Massachusetts, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 02142, Java Developer, Software Architect, Principal Engineer, Senior Software Development Engineer, Senior Software Engineer, Principal Software Engineer, MTS