Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo and recently Echo Look and Cloud Cam.
What will you help us create?
Are you a strong software engineer with a passion for Big Data? Have you been playing with tools such as Apache Spark and Elastic Map Reduce (EMR) to build scalable data processing applications? Do you want to make this your day job? Then this opportunity is for you.
We are looking for software engineers who are passionate about solving problems involving large scale, highly available, performant distributed systems handling very high volume of data. You will work closely with Computer Vision and Machine Learning scientists to build the Data Platform to power new innovative products and services using cutting edge technologies. You will have end-to-end ownership from getting requirements to design, development, deployment, and future enhancements of systems. You will have opportunity to influence the team in driving the technical vision of the platform.
Members of this team tend to have a high degree of fluency in one or more languages and tools, and work with an unwavering focus on simplicity, performance and customer focus. We are motivated to work in a data driven environment, constantly striving for process improvement, and translate high-level, ambiguous business goals to working software solutions.
The ideal candidate would:
- Have experience building large scale distributed systems with focus on performance, availability, and simplicity.
- Have strong foundation in software development, design patterns, and cloud computing.
- Have experience working with Big-data technologies.
- Has experience with database design (SQL/NoSQL)
- Promotes robust and maintainable code, clear documentation, and can deliver high quality work on tight schedules.
- Knows what is important when shipping products to customers and has been through the process from start to finish.
- Is comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership and never shies away from a challenge.