Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo and Echo Look. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
You are a technologist with a broad, hands-on background in big data, machine learning, cloud service development, and web infrastructure. You enjoy working with large data sets through their full lifecycle – collection, storage, annotation, processing, and analytics. As a Software Development Manager, you excel at leading and growing large and varied software engineering teams through all aspects of the product development lifecycle. You have excellent project management skills, are a great communicator, and are motivated to achieve results in a fast-paced, frequently ambiguous environment. You excel at partnering with R&D teams in applying leading-edge technologies to engaging and high-quality consumer products. You are a leader.
In this role, you will:
- Maintain, enhance, and grow a top talent engineering team
- Support the computer vision machine learning R&D team by developing the tools and services required to collect, manage, annotate, process and visualize large volumes of visual data
- Manage and execute against project plans and delivery commitments, including day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Work closely with engineers and architects to develop the best technical design and approach
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation, ensure designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality results on tight schedules