Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
A successful candidate will be an experienced people manager with strong attention to detail and a reputation as someone who focuses on the customer, brings simplified solutions to complex problems and does what they say they will do. The Role
- Lead and develop a team of Technical Program Managers tasked with delivering Fire OS features and solutions on Amazon consumer devices, e.g. Alexa on Echo, Fire TV, and Fire Tablets.
- Be excellent at handling ambiguity, being able to work cross-team to drive clarity around the unknowns.
- Lead prioritization, track risks and handle escalations for multiple programs, should be able to zoom into the details to diagnose issues as needed though also zoom out and provide summarized roll up view of status and risks to the stakeholders
- Build processes and programs that can scale by orders of magnitude. Should be passionate and have a proven track record to innovate and drive process efficiencies.
- Define team goals and strategic initiatives 1-3 years out.