Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As a Systems Software Development Engineer, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products. You will work closely with both internal teams and outside partners to drive and develop key aspects of the product. As part of a technology team, your work will have a large impact on hardware, internal software, ecosystem, and ultimately the lives of Amazon customers. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. You must also be able and willing to multi-task and learn new technologies quickly.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
· Design world-class software
· Broad cross-functional engineering interaction with an emphasis on delighting customers with innovation in the consumer electronics space
· Keeps the customer in mind when designing systems
· Is comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership and never shies away from a challenge
· Help build robust methodology and processes to deliver technology to products.