Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo.
What will you help us create?
As a Software Development Engineer in the platform team, you will take part in the implementation and delivery of Linux features for Android-based devices. You will work closely with the hardware and QA teams, as well as partners to take the product from concept to customer release while ensuring the highest level of quality for your deliverables. You must have in-depth expertise working with the Linux kernel and drivers and you must enjoy working on a variety of peripherals that are typically found in a consumer electronics mobile device. In this role, you will:
- Create innovative new products that are used by millions of users
- Evaluate cache sizing, compiler performance, memory management
- Perform new SoCs platform bring up and develop/enable required features
- Develop applications, extend features, and create new benchmarks for performance evaluation and analysis of future processors
- Develop SW prototypes for new product conception
- Develop system use case analysis and its architecture (memory footprint, resource use, power)
- Drive vendor requirements on future CPU, GPU, interconnect security technology
- Perform and drive technical deep dives with key IP and processor vendors
- Do hands-on development of features across application and kernel on security/other key domains
- Participate in productization activities involving security reviews and factory support
- Be highly effective and thrive in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities
- Occasionally travel internationally