Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile devices like the Kindle family of products. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc. Since then, we have worked to produce best-selling tablets with breakthrough hardware technology as well as e-readers that have revolutionized reading. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
We are looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to help support build and release activities & architect, design and build test suites and frameworks to support Echo Show and Echo Look product category.
You should have a demonstrated track record of delivering test automation, quality requirements, designing performance and scale test suites and producing deliverables that exceed commitments. You should also be comfortable presenting technical material to internal audiences in support of our products.
- Participate in the full development life cycle, working within broadly defined parameters, including test plan execution and software quality needs.
- Writing and executing test plans, designing and developing test tools, debugging and reporting code bugs and pushing quality upstream.
- Own the delivery of an entire software development test suites and frameworks.
- Management and execution of project plans and meeting delivery commitments.
- Work closely with the technical leaders to develop the best technical design and approach for testing our functionality at scale.
- Build software solutions where the problem is not well defined. Capable of understanding the interaction between the components in a distributed system in order to ensure they are functioning properly.
- Create and execute appropriate quality plans, project plans, test strategies and processes for development activities in concert with business and project management efforts.
Candidate must be able to work with a minimum of technical supervision and supplemental engineering support, while responding efficiently to multiple priorities. Work with engineering teams to design and optimize a wide variety of development projects using a variety of development tools and practices.