Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile devices like the Kindle family of products. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc. Since then, we have worked to produce best-selling e-readers and tablets, as well as new inventions like Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history. The Role:
As a Senior Systems Architect, you will be responsible for bringing exciting new consumer electronics devices to customers, taking them from initial concept, development and validation through to manufacturing advice. You will work closely with multi-disciplinary groups including Product Design, Industrial Design, Hardware Engineering, Software Engineering, Reliability and Operations, to drive key aspects of engineering of consumer electronics products. You will perform analysis and testing of system architectures using advanced simulation and experimentation tools and techniques. The ideal candidate should be able to tackle problems that span a variety of domains and have proven system architecture expertise in one or more of the following areas: speech and audio processing, computer vision, image recognition, machine learning, embedded and IoT systems. In this role, you will:
· Engage with cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products.
· Perform architecture feasibility analysis of targeted features and evaluate options for architectures to bring these features to products.
· Work with SoC and component manufacturers to evaluate offerings and influence roadmaps.
· Participate in the development and integration of advanced algorithms into products.
· Gather business and functional requirements from external and/or internal customers and end-users, and translate requirements into technical specifications to build robust, scalable, supportable solutions that serve end customer needs.
· Serve as technical lead throughout the full development lifecycle, end-to-end, from scoping, planning, conception, design, implementation and testing, to documentation, delivery and maintenance.
· Provide design reviews for other engineers, including feedback on architecture and design issues, as well as integration, performance and scalability.
· Manage resources on multiple technical projects and ensure schedules, milestones, and priorities are compatible with technology and business goals.