Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Amazon Echo Show. The Role:
Wireless Technology Group (WTG), responsible for developing and integrating connectivity solutions for all of Lab126 products, is seeking a Mgr, technical program manager (TPM). The TPM position requires excellent leadership skills, strong technical expertise and hands-on project management skills. The right candidate will be adept at writing technical specifications, owning program schedules from design to release, partnering effectively with multiple technology teams within and outside of Amazon, and managing deliverables for critical milestones.
In this role, you will wear many hats; you must possess a unique combination of strong technical skills and business acumen as well as a do-what-it-takes attitude. You will need to be a strong leader, able to communicate clearly and compelling at all levels of the company. You don’t just want to be part of an industry movement; you want to be out front leading it. If this sounds like you, we’d like to speak with you.
A successful candidate will have strong passion for customers and possess in depth understanding of wireless technologies. You must have a background in program management, product development, hardware and firmware design, testing and manufacturing of wireless devices. You must be highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively across multiple organizations, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products and applications that customers love. Key Responsibilities:
- Own the planning and delivery of connectivity solutions pertaining to product(s) delivery and new technology initiatives.
- Manage prioritization and tradeoffs against, customer experience and time to market.
- Drive architecture, engineering and integration decisions and timelines with dependency teams
- Establish business processes and policies as well as metrics and indicators for success.
- Develop, report, and continually improve performance metrics.
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, and technical goals.