Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Fire phone, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history. The Role:
As a Senior Software Development Engineer - Systems, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design, and bring to market innovative developer tools. You will work closely with an internal interdisciplinary team and outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, execution, and test. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
The ideal candidate has current and extensive experience developing and building Android systems and applications. The candidate understands what the limitations of the platform are and can design and implement additional services or help optimize existing ones to meet the product requirements. The ideal candidate:
- Has in-depth expertise working with Android distributions and understands how the emulator works
- Enjoys working side by side with partners, colleagues and teams on tough problems
- Is highly effective and thrives in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities
- Knows what is important when releasing software to developers and has been through the process from start to finish
- Is comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership and never shies away from a challenge